In the Ian Fleming novels most often been pre-war Bentley as James Bond’s car. But in the James Bond films we can count more than 20 cars, which we can call the car the 007 Her Majesty’s Secret Service. And how many other noteworthy cars in James Bond Movies… Just fancy!
More or less complete list of cars from the James Bond movies is based on data drawn from different sources. But the main source, of course, James Bond films.
Here is the list of cars in James Bond Movies.
• 1961 Sunbeam Alpine Convertible – a car from the movie “Dr. No” (1962), the very first James Bond movie. Obviously, this machine can be considered as the very first secret agent 007 car. Although the term “Bond car” at that time did not exist. The car was not equipped with any spy devices or gadgets, but saves the life of Bond when persecuted people of Dr. No. You can find all the cars featured “Dr. No” by the a alt=”Dr No, all the cars” title=”All the Cars in “Dr. No” (1962)” href=”http://bestmoviecars.com/all-cars-in-dr-no-1962/”>link
• 1935 Bentley MK IV – a car that we see at the very beginning of the film “From Russia with Love” (1963). And this is perhaps the only film in which Bond’s car was a Bentley. The car was shot in a static scene, but catches the eye that it was equipped with a telephone – on the verge of fantasy to the early 60s.
• Aston Martin DB5 – appears in several James Bond films. Lit up for the first time in the movie “Goldfinger” (1964). It is believed that with this film began the era of product placement in movies. And it was at this time the term ‘Bond car. ” Aston Martin from the movie “Goldfinger” was fitted with a set of spyware “gadgets” – from the rotary drum room and built-in machine guns, retractable blades to the wheels of the system, and even oil spray – an unpleasant surprise for the pursuers. In the film, there is an agent, Q, which is responsible for arming and preparing cars for Bond. Aston Martin DB5 as we can see in “Thunderball” (1965), as well as in the film “Golden Eye” (1995), “Tomorrow Never Dies” (1997), where the machine acts as a personal car of James Bond, and “Casino Royale” (2007), 007 where the card table wins this car from one of his opponents. It is noteworthy that in “Casino Royale» DB5 was left-hand drive. Aston Martin DB5 we see in the newest James Bond film “Skyfall” (2012). By the way, in “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” movies you can see сars of Ford Corporation, for example Lincoln Continental, Ford Galaxi, and the overs.
• 1966 Toyota 2000GT – this car we can see in the movie “You Live Only Twice” (1967). In this film, Bond never got behind the wheel – the car piloted by accompanying his colleague from the exploration of Japan. The film machine fitted with a range of gadgets, including cordless color monitor tracking videkameroy and VCR.
• Aston Martin DB-S – was the car in the Bond film “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service” (1969). The car will appear in four episodes and does not have some supernatural features. By the way, one of the main “road” roles in this film played Mercury Cougar, which belonged to the Countess Tracy. With it, Cougar Bond and Tracy broke away from the enemy Mercedes.
• 1971 Ford Mustang Mach I – was a James Bond’s car in film “Diamonds Are Forever” (1971). A serial Mustang, with no spy gadgets. With this car is connected with one kinolyap – to drive through the narrow opening between the buildings Bond car tilts to the right, but the car goes out of the opening tilted to the left *.
• 1974 AMC Hornet – shot in a car in the Bond film “The Man with the Golden Gun.” At AMC Hornet Bond makes a stunning 360-degree “barrel”, forcing the destroyed bridge – a trick called “astrospiralnym leap.” At first, it modeled on a computer, and then, just at a time that jump stunt performed Jay Milligan, for which he received an award of $ 1,000.
• Lotus Esprit – brand James Bond car of the late 70’s. Lotus Esprit appears in the film “The Spy Who Loved Me” (1977) and is one of the most “clever” cars of James Bond – at the right time the car was turned into a small submarine, plus everything was equipped with missiles “ground-to-air” torpedoes , a device to create a smokescreen, periscope and of course armor. In the movie “Just for your eyes,” we see the Lotus Esprit Turbo, which in addition to the vibration sensors and magnetic door lock has been fitted with a self-destruct. The film had two Lotus – Cars white and red.
• Citroen 2CV – on this car, Bond and his girlfriend Melina (played by French actress Carole Bouquet) kicking two Mercedes in the movie “For Your Eyes Only.” During the chase the French small car shows are the real miracles of endurance: double flips, goes on two wheels, and the end falls on the roof of the pursuers Mercedes. Were involved in the shooting 4 completely identical Citroen c reinforced chassis and engines.
• Alfa Romeo GTV 6 – this car was filmed in the movie “Octopussy” (1983), it is not Bond evaded police BMW. At the beginning of the movie “Octopussy” 007 appears at the wheel Range Rover, which is hidden in the trailer small jet aircraft. Also, this film is remembered that in his domestic scenes appear “Lada” and “Volga”, and even specially created for the movie armored car, reminiscent of the BA-64.
• Renault 11 – the car appears in the film “View to a Kill” (1985). In the course of their hatchback car chase turns into a convertible, then a – a two-wheeled cart, which nevertheless still able to continue driving.
• Aston Martin V8 Vantage – Machine Bond movie “The Living Daylights” (1987). The car is equipped with rockets, machine guns, retractable skis, jet accelerator and laser system, through which bucked VAZ-2103 pursuing agent.
• BMW Z3 – Bond car in the film “Golden Eye” (1995) was the first of BMW cars in the role of the machine 007. With this film, BMW is the official car supplier for Bond. However, in the beginning of the film in the role of Bond’s car, we see a classic Aston Martin. In the film, we also see a Ferrari, many Russian cars – Volga GAZ-31029, Lada, Oise. As for the Roadster Z3, no special abilities of this car for the whole movie and not show.
• BMW 750iL – Machine Bond film “Tomorrow Never Dies” (1997). A female voice talking car, shoots missiles and controlled by a mobile phone. In the film involved more than 17 BMW and only three of them managed to get out from the set without damage. In addition to BMW and participated in the film were destroyed pair Mercedes 500 SEL, Ford Scorpio and Vauxhall Senator.
• BMW Z8 – Bond’s car in the movie “The World Is Not Enough” (1999). In the story, it was equipped with a titanium armor, display all the windshield, satellite navigation, and six cup holders for strong drinks. The car is beautiful sawn in half in one of the scenes.
• Aston Martin Vanquish V12 – in the film “Die Another Day but not now” (2002), Bond got behind the wheel of this car. Missiles and machine guns, remote control system and adaptive camouflage, making the machine almost invisible – technical “bells and whistles” of the machine Bond, were remembered on this film. Bond manages opponent armed Roadster Jaguar XKR. By the way, while Aston Martin and Jaguar were part of the empire Ford. The film also there is a new model at the time Ford Thunerbird, Volvo S60 and C70, as well as Ford Fireline era fifties.
• Aston Martin DBS – the next James Bond car, which we see in the film “Casino Royale” (2006) and “Quantum of Solace” (2009). In “Casino Royale” Bond movie also drove Ford Mondeo and Aston Martin DB5 LHD. And in the movie “Quantum of Solace” and we see another small car Ford Ka. In minor scenes regularly flashed different models Ford, Volvo, Jaguar and Land Rover. Unlike the previous films Bond car most that neither is true. He laced with bullets, scratched on the wall, he comes off the door. For example, in “Casino Royale” is the scene of a rollover car, where the car and the wheels come off of the skin – the trick is fully staging without the use of computer special effects, who performed the stunt Adam Kyrle. During the filming of the chase scene in the movie “Quantum of Solace” was split 6 Aston Martin and 28 Alfa Romeo, who performed the role of pursuer.
• Aston Martin DB5 – this car uses Bond in the film “Skyfall” (2012). Before the release, there were rumors that Bond’s car during this time can be a Bentley, but they did not materialize. In the “Skyfall” James Bond DB5 used to bring down the trail of the main villain movie, armed with a laptop and specific knowledge in the field of IT. On the one hand, the emergence of Aston Martin DB5 – a nod to the tradition and the last film in the James Bond series, on the other hand, the use of this classic sports car – pretty nifty plot device. The fact is that modern cars are equipped with navigation or all equipped with radio beacon, which allows anti-hero to be aware of such movements even supersekretnogo agent like James Bond. Also, the filmmakers ‘Skyfall’ Bond seated behind the wheel of Jaguar and Mercedes S-class. An interesting story at the expense of Jaguar and the James Bond movies, we moved to a separate post. The fact is that in the distant 60th James Bond producers were serious talks about shooting the car with the two manufacturers – Aston Martin and Jaguar, but whether in Aston Martin’e were more compliant, or whether they were more fortunate than Jaguar’u that in many films Bond spoke on the sidelines. Also in the film we see the Land Rover Defender, well, just the occasional role is fulfilled cars as Volkswagen Bettle, who flew in this very Defender, being dumped from the train platform.
By the way, in some movies, James Bond do without a car. For example, in the film “Live and Let Die” in 1974, cars play a modest role, and the role of Bond vehicles serves no car, bus, motor boat and plane. However, in the film you can see almost the entire Chevrolet line of the early seventies, which may allude to the involvement of bondiane concern GM. In the film “Moonraker” (1979), “Never Say Never” with Sean Connery (1983) or “License to Kill” (1989) with Timothy Dalton as 007. True Sean Connery sits on a motorcycle Yamaha XJ 650 Turbo Seca, and the enemies in the Bond movie “License to Kill” ride the Maserati Biturbo, as well as the Jeep CJ-7.
* On the DVD-ROM (Special Edition) of the film can be found a double, in which the Mustang goes to the right wheel, but in the background we see a huge crowd of onlookers, so take considered unusable.