Black car used while inside the matrix in 1999 science fiction film “The Matrix” directed by the Wachowskis is a black 1965 Lincoln Continental. Very boxy, lots of edges, classic American style suicide door big sedan of the era of ’60s.
In the sequels, they used same car but it was an earlier model year. This can be determined by exterior design elements. Maybe it was a movie mistake, maybe not. Just glitch in the Matrix, we think so. Both of these Continentals is perfect for the movie anyway.
- All the Cars in “The Matrix” (1999)
- Lincoln Continental in the Matrix trilogy by the Wachowskis
- Lincoln Continental 4th gen
- 4th gen Lincoln Continental Gallery
- All the Cars in “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003)
- All the Cars in “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003)